Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Recommend a good low-light camera?

  1. #1
    dogstarman
    Guest dogstarman's Avatar

    Post

    I'm thinking about shooting some TRI-X in some pretty dark conditions. I have a Canon 514XL-S (I'm planning on MOS shooting) but I was wondering if anybody had input on a better XL camera.

    BTW: How would my Nizo 6056 fare in darkness? Not well, I expect...



    ------------------

  2. #2
    Mr Blackstock
    Guest Mr Blackstock's Avatar

    Post

    did you want to stay with the very dark look? or are you filming something that occurs only at night? I use a hanimex XL25, but all depends on the light. Not sure which the best is though.....

    ------------------

  3. #3
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    Dogstarman,

    I would think your Nizo would work better. I'm nost sure about the shutter angle of your Canon, I only have a Canon 1014E which has a 150 deg shutter angle, but most of the sound Nizo line are set at a fixed 220 deg shutter angle, allowing more light nto the film than most other super 8 cameras.

    Hope this helps,
    Scott

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by ulrichsd (edited November 28, 2001).]

  4. #4
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    Both the Nizo sound series and Canon XL series have a shutter angle of 220 (the 1014 XL-S can be adjusted to 150 also).

    Either should do fine.

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    Ahhhh--But all still rob the film plane of light unlike a Beaulieu. Good Luck

    ------------------

  6. #6
    dogstarman
    Guest dogstarman's Avatar

    Post

    Ahh... but all can be had in very good working condition for a few hundred dollars, and take normal batteries, unlike a Beaulieu.

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •